The climate is warm and the annual temperature is 16 ° C.
The canton´s location falls under the following limits:
- North: Azogues and Santiago de Méndez cantons
- South: El Pan canton
- East: Santiago de Méndez canton
- West: Azogues, Guachapala, Paute and El Pan cantons
The mayor of the canton is Rolando Calle.
GDP: USD 217,887 (Thousands of dollars, 2017)
- PIB Cantonal (Miles de dólares)
Variación del PIB 2015 – 2016: 4,51%
Variación del PIB 2016 – 2017: 6,49%
GDP Per capita: USD 29,88
- Teléfono: (07) 2280127- 249/266/267
Internal Revenue Services (SRI)
- Teléfono: (07)2887777
- Dirección: Av. Remigio Crespo Toral 5-28 y Lorenzo Piedra
Electric Light Service
Attendance of the population to the educational system
Average age is 30 years.
The canton has
6 health facilities.
Internet and Telephony Coverage
Mariscal Sucre International Airport, located in Quito
|Transversal Austral||E40||Salinas – Guayaquil – La Troncal – Azogues – Stgo. de Méndez – Pto. Morona.||649 Kms|
Building permit: Attach the following to the Planning Office of the Municipality of Azogues:
- Application for procedures
- Form for fees for administrative technical services
- Plans approval form
- Current Urban-Rural Urban License
- Certificate of not owing to the Municipality
- Letter of payment of property tax for the current year
- Copy of identity card of the owner and designer
- Two sets of physical plans that must comply with the regulations required in this Ordinance and as determined in the Urban / Rural License Report, with the respective signature of responsibility of an Architect, registered for the purpose in the Municipal GAD
- Attach updated photograph of the property and its surroundings
- for the case of buildings of different use to residential and in case the project contemplates more than two floors of construction, the following documents must be attached to the aforementioned:
- Electrical Design approved by the Electric Company
- Structural designs with their respective calculation memory, and signature of the corresponding professional
- Hydrosanitary designs signed by the corresponding professional
- Report of the Fire Department, except for homes.
Environmental permit: If construction is of low environmental impact, obtaining this permit lasts approximately one (1) month. If construction uses an energy generator, it requires an environmental record. Obtaining this permit lasts approximately seven (7) months. In the case of considerable amount of solid waste and use of natural resources requires an environmental license. Obtaining this permit lasts approximately two (2) years. For more information check the following link:
Patent permit: Identity card, RUC or RISE
Business Environment Analysis
Next, an analysis of the canton’s business environment will be made according to the project´s nature through indicators such as: suppliers of services and raw materials, competitors, customers and evolution of the sector to which the project belongs.